May Writing - GARDEN Note

Garden Notes:
Dear Reader?
I am daydreaming about a "retreat garden" to able to go to. I am likely fussing way too much and it is likely a fools journey.  But we move forward slowly anyway.
NAMES:  My last name is FYRI now, a Norwegian word and root of our family name FYHRIE.
In Norwegian a lighthouse is simply a fyr (fire) or a fyrtårn (fire tower).

My Aunt wrote in a story about our geneology, that Fyhri was the Trees,  The Land and the People. In my inept research I find that Fyhrie is anglicised, (ENGLISH) version, and I had found Fyri used for "tree" in a couple places.

  • My memory tells me Aunt Irene explained: 
  • Fyr is Fire 
  • Trees were Fyri 
  • People were Fyhri
  • Home was FyriHagen
  • I found Fyhri translated as "Stations" also, like for Emergency (Fire) Locations in a building.  Interested in this use, intrigued, so I've named my plot Fyhri Garden. 

 Prayer "Stations" Garden.

Only "stops" for prayer currently is to attack the Thistle, Blackberry and English Ivy..... SO we begin.........Little steps are all we need, Yes?

******Quote********
" In some lives, loving God may entail over time a shipwrecked manner of loving - cold and tired and holding on, clinging to broken wood, swept along currents they cannot master, yet knowing always that they cannot drown. "

-- Contemplative Provocations , P184, Fr. Donald Haggerty

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hurting Feet and 32 years of Blessings

Sunday cloudy with chances of exhaustion

Mom's Broken Way....