4th - Prayerful

FEAST OF ST FRANCIS  - OCTOBER 4th

I am humbled to think I may become even a small bit like the man who encouraged others to speak always of the Lord Jesus, God Almighty and when necessary,  to use words.

I am thinking more about where my life may go again. I am imagining and realizing my weakness.
I need strength to let God do what he wills in my life, and grace to accept everything.

Never-the-less, there is a hope and profound knowledge (from God I hope) that I will be OK, well enough to face another day.

Prayers and listening to Readings on EWTN Radio. A good start.
PRAYER & FASTING
I woke up early surprisingly, listened to Sacred Heart Radio 'share a thon' continue on breaks in the Son-Rise Morning Show. It is nice to hear news from a faith filled perspective before getting too into the day. Glad to hear that Texas' law change for abortion services was upheld. I was surprised earlier, (a few weeks ago now I think) when the news explained that abortion clinics did NOT have to be run like day surgeries. I was a bit shocked at that really, I had somehow presumed that since it was (it seems obvious now to me) elective out-patient 'treatment' that it was governed by medical rules. But this just goes to illustrate my ignorance of medical system regulations.

Been praying for the victims, their parents, and all the employee's in the industry.

Oh a reminder to myself, I meant to locate....40 Days for Life Vigil...    Tomorrow when this Post goes up, I Think I may be able to get out for an hour or so before Marty gets up.

Thats probably all you would like to hear for now...

**A story? **

I suppose many people have played games like Scrabble with children. I used the game to encourage my son's to use the dictionary and practice spelling. But, we did bend the rules usually too.  There are the official rules, and the 'fun' rules. Fun rules say that if you make a word everyone knows and agrees to it counts. This is very useful for kids words that come from TV and comic books.

Pika Chu  - Sneezing. 
I used this rule in one game when SNOT was not in the children's dictionary nor my 1939 Webster's I keep just for scrabble matches. Later, that same game, my son used this rule against ME! Pika chu, was our favorite pokeman at that time, and many of the critters littered the house and car. So, of course, PIKA could be legitimately used as a prefix to SNOT. (They have noses, therefore....)

Another case of if you can make Mom Laugh Very Hard, no harm will befall you!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hurting Feet and 32 years of Blessings

Sunday cloudy with chances of exhaustion

Mom's Broken Way....